©1999-2018 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - http://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Palabra clave 'For'
Idioms - Key word 'For'
|for a change||para variar|
|for a song||a precio de saldo|
|for all one is worth||con todas sus fuerzas|
|for better or (for) worse||para bien o para mal|
|for certain||con seguridad|
|for crying out loud!||¡pero, será posible!|
- This summer I'd like to go to the mountain for a change.
- Can you believe Ian bought that fabulous sports car for a song?
- You can sit there wishing for a miracle for all you're worth, but it doesn't mean it'll happen.
- Mr. Miller's decision will affect all of us, for better or worse.
- The police have some clues but the girl's whereabouts aren't known for certain.
- For crying out loud! Can't you see I'm on the phone? Stop shouting!
|for example||por ejemplo|
|for fear of||por miedo a|
|for fun/laughs||por placer|
|for God's/gosh/heaven's sake!||¡por el amor de Dios!|
|for good/keeps||para siempre|
- There are different kinds of fabric. For example: silk, cotton, linen...
- We brought an extra bottle of water for fear of running out of it.
- If you buy a TV set you get a CD and a DVD for free.
- Mark paints but he only does it for fun. He doesn't intend to sell his paintings.
- For heaven's sake! Turn the volume down! I'm trying to sleep!
- It's time we put an end to this situation for good.
|for good measure||por añadidura|
|for kicks||para divertirse|
|for long||por mucho tiempo|
|for my money||en mi opinión|
|for once||por una vez|
|for openers||para empezar|
- Dad gave me twenty dollars to buy a skirt and mom gave me twenty more for good measure
- We were bored so we decided to bake some cookies for kicks.
- Sam came back yesterday but he said he wouldn't stay for long.
- For my money, Mary should've married John and not Robert.
- Will you stop criticizing me for once in your life?
- For openers, we'll visit the Eiffel Tower, and then the Louvre.
|for real||de verdad|
|for shame!||¡qué vergüenza!|
|for that matter||en realidad|
|for the asking||a pedir de boca|
|for the fun of it||por placer|
- This is not a joke, Alex, this is for real!
- Can't those people see the "No smoking" sign over there? For shame!
- Becky's going to love the earrings I bought her in India, for sure!
- My dad won't let me go to the party, and neither will my mom, for that matter.
- If you want the tickets, call the radio and they're yours for the asking!
- Nowadays, there are few kids and teenagers who read just for the fun of it.
|for the hell of it||porque sí|
|for the love of||por el amor de|
|for the moment||por ahora|
|for the most part||en la mayor parte|
- Jack likes taking pictures all the time, just for the hell of it
- Hank, for the love of God! Hurry up! We're going to be late!
- For the moment I'm just going to buy the shirt, I'll leave the jeans for next month.
- Amy's friends are 30-year-old women, for the most part.