©1999-2018 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - http://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Palabra clave 'From'
Idioms - Key word 'From'
|from bad to worse||de mal en peor|
|from day one||desde el primer día|
|from hand to mouth||con lo justo|
|from head to toe||de pies a cabeza|
|from hunger||a causa del hambre|
|from rags to riches||de mendigo a millonario|
- Things keep going from bad to worse: first, I los my job, now I lose my house!
- Charlie never liked school. He hated it from day one.
- Liz says she lives from hand to mouth but she spends too much money on clothes.
- Mr. Fitzpatrick is a real gentleman from head to toe. So charming!
- The amount of people dying from hunger every day around the world is alarming.
- My dad was very poor but he went from rags to riches working all his life.
|from scratch||desde el principio|
|from side to side||de un lado al otro|
|from soup to nuts||de principio a fin|
|from square one||desde el principio|
|from stem to stern||de proa a popa|
|from the bottom of one's heart||de todo corazón|
- My computer caught a virus and I had no backup so I had to start my work from scratch.
- The flowers swayed from side to side in the light summer breeze. It was lovely.
- Helen was very much involved in the project. She was in it from soup to nuts.
- The police inquiry had to begin from square one after a series of false clues.
- We've searched the yacht from stem to stern but we didn't find any hole.
- I wish you both a very happy marriage, from the bottom of my heart.
|from the cradle to the grave||durante toda la vida|
|from the frying pan into the fire||de Guatemala a Guatepeor|
|from the get-go/word ‘go’||desde el principio, desde el ‘vamos’|
|from the sublime to the ridiculous||de un extremo al otro|
|from this day forward||de hoy en adelante|
|from time to time||de vez en cuando|
|from way back||desde hace tiempo|
- My grandfather worked from the cradle to the grave to have everything he wanted.
- We've gone from the frying pan into the fire, no money, no house, no car...
- Alex said he would help me with the assignment from the word "go".
- I didn't like the movie; it went from the sublime to the ridiculous all the time.
- From this day forward, I'll start going to the gym every week.
- I like having a glass of wine during dinner from time to time.
- Pete and Tim are really good friends. They know each other from way back.