©1999-2018 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - http://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Verbo 'To break'
Idioms - Verb 'To break'
|to break a bill||cambiar un billete|
|break a leg!||¡mucha suerte!|
|to break even||salir sin ganar ni perder|
|to break faith with||ser desleal, no cumplir una promesa|
|to break free||liberarse|
|to break loose||soltarse|
- Let me pay. I need to break this hundred-dollar bill.
- I saw Tim before he went on stage and I told him to break a leg.
- Jane thought she was making a good deal but it broke even.
- Steve promised he would come, I hope he doesn't break faith with his promise.
- When will you finally break free from that dreadful job?
- Andrew needs to break loose from those friends of his. They're no good.
|to break new ground||abrir nuevos caminos|
|to break one's back||deslomarse|
|to break ranks||romper filas|
|to break someone's heart||romperle el corazón a alguien|
|to break the back of something||hacer la parte más difícil de algo|
|to break the ice||romper el hielo|
- The discovery of DNA broke new ground in science.
- My mom broke her back all her life to feed my brother and me.
- The platoon broke ranks after the sergeant left.
- Wayne broke Meg's heart when he told her he didn't love her anymore.
- We've already painted the bedrooms, the bathroom and the kitchen. We've broken the back of it.
- You can tell a few jokes to break the ice when you're on you date.
|to break the mould||romper el molde|
|to break the news to someone||darle una noticia a alguien|
|to break wind||echarse un gas|
- The Beatles really broke the mould when they first appeared.
- I hate to be the one to break the news to you but, your father is dead.
- What would you do if you broke wind during a job interview?