©1999-2018 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - http://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Verbo 'To do'
Idioms - Verb 'To do'
|to do a 180||dar media vuelta|
|to do a double-take||reaccionar tardíamente|
|to do a job on someone||hacerle una trastada a alguien|
|to do an about-face/about-turn||cambiar de postura|
|to do as I say||hacer lo que yo digo|
|to do drugs||consumir drogas|
- The soldier did a 180 and ran to tell the sergeant what the colonel said.
- I saw the car crash and I was so shocked I did a double-take before I called 911.
- That Lou did a job on me by telling the boss I wasn't willing to work on Saturday!
- I'm going camping with you! My parents did an about-turn over letting me go!
- Come on, Tim, be a good boy and do as I say.
- Alan's doing drugs again. His parents are sending him to a rehab clinic.
|to do justice to||hacer justicia|
|to do one's best/utmost||hacer todo lo posible|
|to do one's bit||hacer su parte|
|to do one's homework||prepararse bien|
|to do one's own thing||hacer la suya|
|to do someone||tener sexo con alguien|
- Miss Spencer! The pictures don't do justice to your stunning beauty!
- The taylor said he'd do his best to fix my jacket.
- My brother's already talked to my dad, now I have to do my bit.
- You want to know how I got this job? I did my homework.
- My friends are all into drugs but I'm not, I just do my own thing.
- Everybody's doing somebody at the office. It's like a soap opera!
|to do someone proud||ser motivo de orgullo para alguien|
|to do someone's head in||quemarle a alguien la cabeza|
|to do someone wrong||portarse mal con alguien|
|to do the honors||hacer los honores|
|to do the trick||solucionar el tema|
|to do time||cumplir condena|
|to do well||encontrarse bien|
- Our son did us proud when he got his Ph.D in Biology.
- I don't know what to do! This decision is doing my head in!
- Angela did Peter wrong when she refused to help him study for his test.
- Alice asked me if I would do her the honor of being her son's godmother.
- If you have a run on your stocking, just cover it with nail polish. That'll do the trick.
- The man was convicted and he did time for a crime he didn't commit.
- My mother is doing quite well, thank you for asking!