©1999-2018 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - http://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Verbo 'To throw'
Idioms - Verb 'To throw'
|to throw in a curve||agarrar desprevenido|
|to throw a fit||darle a alguien un ataque|
|to throw caution to the wind||jugársela|
|to throw down the gauntlet||arrojar el guante|
- The teacher threw in a curve with a surprise Maths test.
- My dad threw a fit when he saw the piercing on my eyebrow.
- Why don't you throw caution to the wind and bet all your chips on 13?
- Mike threw down the gauntlet to Tom and said he'd beat him at anything.
|to throw in the towel||tirar la toalla|
|to throw money at something||malgastar dinero en algo|
|to throw someone for a loop||dejar a alguien pasmado|
|to throw someone to the wolves||arrojar a alguien a los lobos|
- We had no chance of winning the contest so we threw in the towel.
- If we don't invest on education as well as on security, we're throwing money at the problem.
- Eddie's girlfriend threw him for a loop when she told him she was pregnant.
- Many girls are being thrown to the wolves when they are made to marry old men.