También llamado Past Conditional, responde a la pregunta: What would have happened? = ¿Qué habría pasado? o What would have been happening? = ¿Qué habría estado pasando?. Se forma: Sujeto + would + have + verbo en participio (I would have worked). Sujeto + would + have been + verbo en progresivo (I would have been working).
| 1. Present
I am working
| 2. Present perfect
I have worked
I have been working
| 3. Past
I was working
| 4. Past perfect
I had worked
I had been working
| 5. Future
I will work
I will be working
| 6. Future perfect
I will have worked
I will have been working
| 7. Future (going to)
I am going to work
I am going to be working
| 8. Future perfect (going to)
I am going to have worked
I am going to have been working
| 9. Future in past
I was going to work
I was going to be working
|10. Future perfect in past
I was going to have worked
I was going to have been working
I would work
I would be working
|12. Conditional perfect
I would have worked
I would have been working
I (can, could, ...) work
I (can, could, ...) be working
|14. Modals + have
I (can, could, ...) have worked
I (can, could, ...) have been working
Conditional PerfectWhat would have happened? - ¿Qué habría pasado?
I would have worked - Habría trabajado
- Harry would have learnt about the catastrophe if he had watched CNN.
Harry se habría enterado de la catástrofe si hubiera mirado CNN.
- If Ben had studied harder, he would have passed the test.
Si Ben hubiera estudiado más, habría pasado el examen.
- If Cindy had seen a spider, she would have been terrified.
Si Cindy hubiera visto una araña, se habría aterrorizado.
- Mrs. Brown would have shouted furiously if her son had dented her car.
La Sra Brown habría gritado con furia si su hijo hubiera abollado su auto.
- If you had not obeyed his orders, something terrible would have happened.
Si no hubieras obedecido sus órdenes, algo terrible hubiera ocurrido.
- Had I known you were in a meeting, I would not have disturbed you.
Si hubiera sabido que te encontrabas en una reunión, no te habría molestado.
- Molly would not have done that if she had been in your place.
Molly no habría hecho eso si hubiera estado en tu lugar.
- Would your brother have gotten a scholarship if he had worked harder?
¿Habría tu hermano obtenido una beca si hubiera trabajado más duro?
- Would his uncle have visited New York if he had traveled to the U.S.A.?
¿Habría su tío visitado Nueva York si hubiera viajado a los EE.UU.?
Conditional Perfect ContinuousWhat would have been happening? - ¿Qué habría estado pasando?
I would have been working - Habría estado trabajando
- The employees would have been working on the project if their boss had been
Los empleados habrían estado trabajado en el proyecto si su jefe hubiera estado presente.
- Dr. Hills would have been writing a book if he had found a publisher.
El Dr. Hills habría estado escribiendo un libro si hubiera encontrado una editorial.
- If my neighbors had sold their house, they would have been moving to a new house.
Si mis vecinos hubieran vendido su casa, habrían estado mudándose a una nueva casa.
- If I had seen Patrick, I would not have been calling him.
Si hubiera visto a Patrick, no habría estado llamándolo.
- Would you have been waiting for me if I had not arrived early?
¿Habrías estado esperándome si no hubiera llegado temprano?