El tiempo Conditional responde a la pregunta: What would happen? = ¿Qué pasaría? o What would be happening? = ¿Qué estaría pasando?. Se forma: Sujeto + would + verbo presente (I would work). Sujeto + would + be + verbo en progresivo (I would be working).
| 1. Present
I am working
| 2. Present perfect
I have worked
I have been working
| 3. Past
I was working
| 4. Past perfect
I had worked
I had been working
| 5. Future
I will work
I will be working
| 6. Future perfect
I will have worked
I will have been working
| 7. Future (going to)
I am going to work
I am going to be working
| 8. Future perfect (going to)
I am going to have worked
I am going to have been working
| 9. Future in past
I was going to work
I was going to be working
|10. Future perfect in past
I was going to have worked
I was going to have been working
I would work
I would be working
|12. Conditional perfect
I would have worked
I would have been working
I (can, could, ...) work
I (can, could, ...) be working
|14. Modals + have
I (can, could, ...) have worked
I (can, could, ...) have been working
Conditional SimpleWhat would happen? - ¿Qué pasaría?
I would work - Trabajaría
- If Bill had enough time and money, he would travel.
Si Bill tuviera suficiente tiempo y dinero, viajaría.
- If we knew where your keys are, we would tell you.
Si supiéramos dónde están tus llaves, te lo diríamos.
- If Lizzie were offered a job at Sears, she would take it.
Si a Lizzie le ofrecieran un empleo en Sears, lo aceptaría.
- If I were you, I would buy that car.
Si fuera tú, compraría este auto.
- If Nancy were accepted at university, she would ask for a scholarship.
Si aceptaran a Nancy en la universidad, solicitaría una beca.
- I would not do that if I were you.
No haría eso si fuera tú.
- If Mr. Jones were a millionaire, he would not work any more.
Si el Sr. Jones fuera millonario, no trabajaría más.
- What would you buy if you had a fortune?
¿Qué comprarías si tuvieras una fortuna?
- Would you come to the jazz concert if I got the tickets?
¿Vendrías al recital de jazz si yo consiguiera las entradas?
Conditional ContinuousWhat would be happening? - ¿Qué estaría pasando?
I would be working - Estaría trabajando
- Mr. Baxter would be typing if his secretary were absent.
El Sr. Baxter estaría escribiendo a máquina si su secretaría estuviera ausente.
- I would be reading a book if it were cloudy.
Estaría leyendo un libro si estuviera nublado.
- We would be sailing if we were in the Caribbean.
Estaríamos navegando si estuviéramos en el Caribe.
- Linda would not be listening to me if I were telling lies.
Linda no estaría escuchándome si yo estuviera diciendo mentiras.
- Would you be painting your house if it did not rain?
¿Estarías pintando la casa si no lloviera?