El tiempo Future responde a la pregunta: What will happen? = ¿Qué pasará? o What will be happening? = ¿Qué estará pasando?. Se forma: Sujeto + will + verbo presente (I will work). Sujeto + will + be + gerundio (I will be working).
| 1. Present
I am working
| 2. Present perfect
I have worked
I have been working
| 3. Past
I was working
| 4. Past perfect
I had worked
I had been working
| 5. Future
I will work
I will be working
| 6. Future perfect
I will have worked
I will have been working
| 7. Future (going to)
I am going to work
I am going to be working
| 8. Future perfect (going to)
I am going to have worked
I am going to have been working
| 9. Future in past
I was going to work
I was going to be working
|10. Future perfect in past
I was going to have worked
I was going to have been working
I would work
I would be working
|12. Conditional perfect
I would have worked
I would have been working
I (can, could, ...) work
I (can, could, ...) be working
|14. Modals + have
I (can, could, ...) have worked
I (can, could, ...) have been working
Future SimpleWhat will happen? - ¿Qué pasará?
I will work - Trabajaré
- I will see you tomorrow. Good-bye!
Te veré mañana. ¡Adiós!
- I promise I will call you next week.
Prometo que te llamaré la semana próxima.
- I think I will stay home the whole day because it is snowing.
Creo que me quedaré en casa todo el día porque está nevando.
- "What would you like to have?" "I'll have some coffee, please."
"¿Qué desearía tomar?" "Tomaré un café, por favor."
- If it is a sunny day, my wife and I will go to the beach.
Si es un día soleado, mi esposa y yo iremos a la playa.
- Tommy, I am sorry I will not help you with your homework. I am too busy right
Tommy, lamentablemente no te ayudaré con la tarea. Estoy demasiado ocupado en este momento.
- We won't accept the terms of this contract.
No aceptaremos los términos de este contrato.
- When will they come?
- Will you open the door for me, please?
¿Quieres abrirme la puerta, por favor?
Future Simple ContinuousWhat will be happening? - ¿Qué estará pasando?
I will be working - Estaré trabajando
- Dr. Hall will be giving a speech on global warming next Friday.
El Sr. Hall estará dando una charla sobre el calentamiento global el próximo viernes.
- At this time tomorrow, Jane will be attending a lecture on 20th century
Mañana a esta hora, Jane estará asistiendo a una conferencia acerca de la literatura del siglo XX.
- Her cousin will be traveling to Las Vegas tomorrow morning.
Su prima estará viajando a Las Vegas mañana por la mañana.
- My brother-in-law will not be playing tennis tomorrow afternoon.
Mi cuñado no estará jugando al tenis mañana por la tarde.
- What will you be doing tomorrow at 8:00?
¿Qué estarás haciendo mañana a las 8:00?