Expresiones con palabras claves - Palabra "as"
Idioms with key words - Word "as"
|as a matter of fact
|as a rule
||por lo general
|as clean as a new pin
||limpio como un jaspe
|as clean as a whistle
||tener un historial sin mancha
|as clear as crystal
||claro como el agua
|as clear as mud
- Pat lives in Australia. As a matter of fact, she's been living there since 1998.
- As a rule, we don't let any strangers in when my parents aren't home.
- Glenn washed the car today and he left it as clean as a new pin.
- Campbell is an honest man. I've investigated all his deeds. He's as clean as a whistle.
- Don't worry, the instructor gave us all the instructions. He was as clear as crystal.
- The teacher explained it in class, but it was all as clear as mud. Can you help me?
|as cool as a cucumber
||más fresco que una lechuga
|as dead as a doornail/the dodo
||más muerto que mi abuela
|as different as night and day
||ser la noche y el día
|as dull as ditchwater
||más aburrido que chupar un clavo
|as easy as pie
|as far as I know
||por lo que sé
- After a weekend getaway in the country, I came home as cool as a cucumber.
- We arrived at the disco and there was nobody there. It was as dead as a doornail.
- My mom and dad are as different as night and day, but they really get along.
- That play was as dull as dithcwater. Next time we'll go dancing!
- Crossing the lake was as easy as pie. We had a little boat and rowed to the other shore.
- Grace didn't tell me she was in Madrid. As far as I know, she was in Paris with Ann.
|as fit as a fiddle
||rebosante de salud
|as full as a boot/tick
||ebrio como una cuba
|as mad as a hatter
||más loco que una cabra
|as poor as a church mouse
||más pobre que las ratas
|as pretty as a picture
||como de postal
|as quiet as a mouse
||sin siquiera decir "mu"
- My grandad is 89 years old and he rides his bike everyday. He's as fit as a fiddle.
- Pete went to the pub last night and he came home as full as a tick.
- My mother-in-law is as mad as a hatter. First, she loves me; then, she hates me!
- Will's uncle had money but he gambled a lot and lost it. He died as poor as a church mouse.
- We visited an old medieval town in Florence, it was as pretty as a picture!
- Sally's dad told her off for coming home late and she went to her room as quiet as a mouse.
|as red as a beetroot
||rojo como un tomate
|as (if) to the manner born
||como si hubiera nacido para ello
||como de costumbre
|as ugly as sin
||más feo que pegarle a la madre
- Whenever I have to deliver a speech, I get as red as a beetroot, I can't help it!
- Are you sure you'd never surfed before? You do it as to the manner born!
- Last night I came home as usual, had a shower and went to dinner with some friends.
- Rose went out on a blind date the other night and the poor guy was as ugly as sin!