Expresiones con palabras clave - Palabra "at"
Idioms with key words - Word "at"
|at a a glance
||de un vistazo
|at a loss for words
|at first glance
||a primera vista
|at first light
||al rayar el día
- Everything looked fine at a glance, so we just kept on walking.
- When Fran told me her husband was gone, I was at a loss for words.
- We tried to make John feel at ease while he was staying with us.
- I wasn't at fault! Tom was! He left the office early and missed the meeting!
- At first glance, she seems to be fine. We'll have to run some tests to make sure she's fine.
- Wake me up at 5 o'clock. We must leave at first light.
|at full throttle
||a todo gas
||en el fondo
||por lo menos
|at one time
||en un tiempo
- The factory was opened in May and now it's working at full throttle.
- Phil might seem tough but he's really sweet at heart.
- Dave and Sue invited us to dinner, we should at least take a bottle of wine.
- Everyone at the office is at odds because of the new project.
- You must deliver this package at once. Go! Stop wasting time!
- At one time we were all living in a little apartment in New York.
- Mary's always shouting and fighting. Will she ever be at peace?
|at the crack of dawn
||al romper el alba
|at the eleventh hour
||en el último momento
|at your fingertips
||al alcance de la mano
- If you use the machine for a long period of time, leave it at rest for a few minutes, ok?
- I'm not going to risk my job. I 've got a family to support. There's a lot at stake.
- When I was in the army, I used to get up at the crack of dawn. Sometimes earlier!
- Al's mom needed a heart transplant and was about to die, but at the eleventh hour they found a donor.
- You can take whatever you want from the fridge at will.
- I'll be at your disposal, if you need me, don't hesitate to call.
- I like having everything I need at my fingertips. I don't want to get up whenever I need something.