Lista de expresiones - Letra B
List of idioms - Letter B
|bad taste in the mouth
||mal sabor de boca
|bird of passage
||ave de paso
|bits and pieces
|black and blue
- After they divorced, there's been a lot of bad blood between Ed and Liz.
- Losing the final game of the championship left a bad taste in our mouths.
- There's a bag lady begging for money at the town square.
- Carl came over today but he stayed for only two minutes. He's a bird of passage.
- I'm having a garage sale tomorrow. The attic was crammed with bits and pieces we don't use anymore.
- Dan's face was black and blue after a fist-fight with a neighbour.
|black and white
||blanco y negro
||callejón sin salida
||cita a ciegas
- Peter is very narrow-minded, he thinks things in life are only black and white.
- I've always been the black sheep of the family, always rebelling.
- We've tried everything to solve this problem, but we always end up in a blind alley.
- I'm not going on another blind date! You always set me up with complete lunatics!
- The opposite team may have a great offensive, but their defence is their blind spot.
- Blue-collar workers were demonstrating against the new laws.
|bone of contention
||manzana de la discordia
|born and bred
||nacido y criado
||amigo del alma
||fuga de cerebros
||grupo de expertos
- At boarding school, the teachers always made us sit bolt upright on our chairs.
- When we got divorced, the bone of contention was who'd get the car and who'd get the house.
- He lives in New York now, but he was born and raised in Boston.
- Jane and I have known each other forever; we're bosom buddies.
- I know you're really angry at her, but the bottom line is that she's your mother and she loves you.
- Due to the economic crisis, the country's been suffering a massive brain drain.
- Mr. Jones turns to his brain trust when he has to make an important decision.