Expresiones con verbos claves - Verbo "to do"
Idioms with key verbs - Verb "to do"
|to do a 180
||dar media vuelta
|to do a double-take
|to do a job on someone
||hacerle una trastada a alguien
|to do an about-face/about-turn
||cambiar de postura
|to do as I say
||hacer lo que yo digo
|to do drugs
- The soldier did a 180 and ran to tell the sergeant what the colonel said.
- I saw the car crash and I was so shocked I did a double-take before I called 911.
- That Lou did a job on me by telling the boss I wasn't willing to work on Saturday!
- I'm going camping with you! My parents did an about-turn over letting me go!
- Come on, Tim, be a good boy and do as I say.
- Alan's doing drugs again. His parents are sending him to a rehab clinic.
|to do justice to
|to do one's best/utmost
||hacer todo lo posible
|to do one's bit
||hacer su parte
|to do one's homework
|to do one's own thing
||hacer la suya
|to do someone
||tener sexo con alguien
- Miss Spencer! The pictures don't do justice to your stunning beauty!
- The taylor said he'd do his best to fix my jacket.
- My brother's already talked to my dad, now I have to do my bit.
- You want to know how I got this job? I did my homework.
- My friends are all into drugs but I'm not, I just do my own thing.
- Everybody's doing somebody at the office. It's like a soap opera!
|to do someone proud
||ser motivo de orgullo para alguien
|to do someone's head in
||quemarle a alguien la cabeza
|to do someone wrong
||portarse mal con alguien
|to do the honors
||hacer los honores
|to do the trick
||solucionar el tema
|to do time
|to do well
- Our son did us proud when he got his Ph.D in Biology.
- I don't know what to do! This decision is doing my head in!
- Angela did Peter wrong when she refused to help him study for his test.
- Alice asked me if I would do her the honor of being her son's godmother.
- If you have a run on your stocking, just cover it with nail polish. That'll do the trick.
- The man was convicted and he did time for a crime he didn't commit.
- My mother is doing quite well, thank you for asking!