Expresiones con verbos claves - Verbo "to eat"
Idioms with key verbs - Verb "to eat"
|to eat crow
||tener que reconocer un error
|to eat like a bird
||comer como un pajarito
|to eat like a pig
||comer como un cerdo, como lima nueva
|to eat one's heart out
||morirse de envidia
- Amy had to eat crow after I defeated her at chess, she'd said I'd never do it.
- My dad's worried about my little sister, he says she eats like a bird.
- I should get some exercise, I've been eating like a pig lately.
- Liz was eating her heart out when she saw Susan dancing with Paul!
|to eat one's words
||tragarse las palabras
|to eat someone alive/for breakfast
||comerse a alguien crudo
|to eat someone out of house and home
||dejarle la despensa vacía a alguien
|to eat one's fill
- Astrologers often have to eat their words when their predictions fail
- That teacher eats you alive if you don't do your homework.
- I have to go to the supermarket again. My nephew is eating me out of house and home!
- Labradors and Golden Retrievers eat their fill. They'll eat anything you give them!