Expresiones con verbos claves - Verbo "to jump"
Idioms with key verbs - Verb "to jump"
|to jump a queue
|to jump down someone's throat
||arremeter contra alguien
|to jump out of one's skin
||llevarse un susto tremendo
|to jump ship
|to jump the gun
||adelantarse a los hechos
|to jump through hoops
|to jump to comclusions
||precipitarse a sacar conclusiones
- I really hate it when people jump the queue. It's rude!
- Kelly jumped down Mel's throat and told him he was a filthy liar.
- It was all quiet and suddenly there was such a bang that I jumped out of my skin.
- Anna was doing a great job at the office, nobody knows why she jumped ship.
- You're jumping the gun! You haven't even asked her out and you're planning the wedding!
- Peter will have to jump through hoops if he wants Tracy to forgive him.
- We're jumping to conclusions. Just because he's a ballet dancer doesn't mean he's gay!