Expresiones con verbos claves - Verbo "to lose"
Idioms with key verbs - Verb "to lose"
|to lose count
||perder la cuenta
|to lose face
|to lose ground
|to lose heart
|to lose one's cool
||perder la calma
|to lose one's grip
||perder el control
|to lose one's marbles
||perder la cabeza
- I've lost count of the times I've seen this movie. I love it!
- Ed lost face before his mother-in-law when he yelled at his wife in front of her.
- We can't lose ground on our demand when we're this close to win.
- After failing the test for the third time, Tim started to lose heart.
- Every time her son gets annoying Sarah loses her cool and shouts at him.
- Rob had too much to drink last night and he lost his grip.
- Lou came down to diner dreesed up as a baby. He's lost his marbles!
|to lose one's mind/head
|to lose one's touch
||perder la habilidad
|to lose one's train of thought
||perder el hilo de
|to lose sight/track of
||perder de vista
|to lose sleep over something
||desvelarse por algo
|to lose touch
- Will says he talks to Jimi Hendrix everyday. He's losing his mind.
- Hank used to have all the girls at his feet but now he's lost his touch.
- I'm sorry, I lost my train of thought, what was I saying?
- Dina was talking to Jimmy's mom at the park and she lost sight of her son.
- If Ann doesn't want to talk to me it's her problem, I won't lose sleep over her.
- Most people lose touch with their high school classmates after leaving school.