Expresiones con palabras claves - Palabra "off"
Idioms with key words - Word "off"
|off and on
||de cuando en cuando
||no estar de servicio/guardia
- My computer keeps crashing off and on, I can't work like this.
- The detective's theory about the murder was completely off base.
- Alex was feeling a bit off color so I sent him home to rest.
- I'm off duty tomorrow night, would you like to go out for dinner?
- Mr. Lee caught me off guard when he asked me to do extra hours and I said 'Yes'.
- Do you hear that? The piano is off key again!
|off one's chest
||desahogarse al confesar algo
|off one's head
||mal de la cabeza
|off one's high horse
||bajar los humos
|off one's rocker
||temporada baja; fuera de temporada
||fuera de juego
- I can't lie to you anymore. I need to get this off my chest.
- Have you gone off your head? How are you going to do that?
- You're no better than any of us so come off your high horse, will you?
- Mike must be off his rocker if he thinks his plan will work!
- You'll get the tickets at a lower price if you travel off season.
- Keane was off side so the goal was annulled.
|off the air
||fuera del aire
|off the beaten track
|off the cuff
|off the deep end
||como una fiera
|off the hook
|off the mark
- Ok, we're off the air now, tell me what brings you to the radio.
- I'm sick of the city. I want to get away, go somewhere off the beaten track.
- Paul didn't know what to say so he made up an explanation off the cuff.
- When I told my ex-husband I was leaving he went off the deep end.
- All right, go home, I'll finish the report, you're off the hook.
- Everyone thought I was off the mark when I said the product would fail.
|off the rails
|off the record
|off the top of my head
|off the wagon
||volver a darse a la bebida
|off the wall
||sorprendente e inusual
||fuera de tema
- A train went off the rails near Seattle.
- There are many speculations but they're all off the record.
- Whatever I said to you, I said it off the top of my head, I didn't really mean it.
- After two months without a drink, Gus fell off the wagon.
- We need new ideas for the show, something off the wall to attract the audience.
- The essay is quite good but it goes off topic in the end.
- We make an off-beat show, that's why people like it.