Expresiones con palabras claves - Palabra "out"
Idioms with key words - Word "out"
|out and about
||repuesto, por ahí
|out at the elbows
||adelante, en frente (de un edificio)
|out in left field
|out in the cold
|out in the open
||al aire libre
- With just a few days of rest you'll be out and about again.
- I love this jacket but it's a bit out at the elbows.
- You go get the car, I'll wait for you out front.
- That's not what happened! You're out in left field!
- The other boys started playing football and left me out in the cold.
- I want to go camping, spend a few days out in the open.
||en voz alta
|out of bounds
|out of breath
|out of business
|out of circulation
||fuera de circulación
|out of commission
||fuera de servicio
- Jack's great aunt is quite deaf so we have to talk out loud.
- We're not allowed to enter my father's study, it is out of bounds.
- We were all out of breath after climbing that hill.
- The big department stores left my store out of business.
- I'm sorry, sir, but this currency is out of circulation.
- The elevator will be out of commission tomorrow.
|out of condition
||en mala forma/mal estado
|out of context
||fuera de contexto
|out of control/hand
||fuera de control
|out of date/fashion
||pasado de moda
|out of harm's way/the woods
|out of here
||fuera de aquí
|out of it
||en otra onda
- The toilettes in this school are all out of condition.
- What Miss Smith said on that interview was taken out of context.
- You must be more severe with your students or they will get out of control.
- Do you think this music will go out of fashion?
- As the President's bodyguard, it's your job to keep the President out of harm's way.
- Stan was out of it at the pub, he had too much to drink.
|out of joint
|out of line
||fuera de lugar
|out of one's head
|out of nowhere/the blue
||de la nada
|out of one's system
||quitarse algo de encima
|out of order
- Hank got his shoulder out of joint playing football.
- Stacey's comment was a bit out of line, don't you think?
- I was so out of my head at the party that I don't remember much of it.
- Wendy was crossing the street and a car appeared out of the blue.
- There's so much I need to get out of my system I don't know where to begin.
- My printer is out of order, may I use yours?
|out of phase
|out of place
||fuera de lugar
|out of pocket
|out of practice
|out of proportion
|out of range
||fuera del alcance
- The band sounded out of phase on the stage, didn't they?
- I can't go to my ex-boyfriend's wedding. I'll be totally out of place.
- Those holidays in Fiji left me out of pocket.
- I haven't played tennis for years, I'm totally out of practice.
- The accident wasn't that serious, it was all blown out of proportion.
- Sam tried to pick up the phone but it was out of range.
|out of sorts
|out of step
||no llevar el paso
|out of the closet
|out of the corner of my eye
||por el rabillo del ojo
|out of the ordinary
||fuera de lo común
|out of the question
- Ted was feeling out of sorts and he didn't go to school today.
- Joe is a terrible dancer, he's always out of step.
- When did you come out of the closet?
- I was having lunch and I noticed a little kitty out of the corner of my eye.
- The food was ok, but nothing out of the ordinary.
- That's completely out of the question! My son will stay with me!
|out of the way
||fuera del camino
|out of the window
||por la ventana
|out of the woodworks
||de quién sabe dónde
|out of this world
|out of touch
||no estar en contacto
|out of town
||en las afueras, de viaje
- Sure, we can go to Molly's but it's a bit out of the way.
- If I eat just one slice of pizza my whole diet will go out of the window.
- Who is this guy? He comes out of the woodworks and starts telling us what to do!
- You have to see Mike's new yacht! It's out of this world!
- It's such a pity we've been out of touch for so long.
- Steph's out of town right now, would you like to leave a message?
|out of tune
|out of whack
|out of work
|out of your mind
||fuera de juicio
|out on a limb
|out on one's ear
||de patitas en la calle
|out to lunch
||en Babia, divagando
- The tenors were fine, but the sopranos were a bit out of tune.
- I'm having trouble with my car, the carburator's out of whack.
- Are you out of your mind? You can't buy a 100,00-dollar car!
- I'm not willing to go out on a limb and lose everything I've got.
- Kelly was fired and now she's out on her ear.
- It's impossible to have a serious conversation with Jeff, he's always out to lunch.