Expresiones con verbos claves - Verbo "to set"
Idioms with key verbs - Verb "to set"
|to set foot
||poner un pie en un lugar
|to set one's heart on something
||estar decidido a hacer algo
|to set sail
|to set store by something
||dar valor a algo
|to set the pace
||marcar el paso
|to set the scene
||crear un ambiente
|to set the record straight
||aclarar las cosas
- I didn't like that woman from the very first moment she set foot in this house.
- Emily has set her heart on going to Harvard to study Law.
- The Titanic set sail from Southampton for New York on April 10, 1912.
- My parents have always set great store by studying.
- The US declaration of independence set the pace for the independence of the rest of the continent.
- The constant disagreements and the people's discontent set the scene for war.
- Miss Harris will give a press conference next Tuesday to set the record straight.