Expresiones con palabras claves - Palabra "so"
Idioms with key words - Word "so"
|so and so
||fulano de tal
|so be it
||que así sea
|so far, so good
||hasta ahora todo va bien
|so help me (God)
||que Dios me ayude
||¡hasta la vista!
- Who cares if Ann is going out with so and so? It's her life.
- If Daniel wants to go to trial, so be it! I'm not afraid.
- I can only help you so far, I'm not an expert.
- We can't complain about the business. So far, so good.
- I promise I will never leave you alone again, so help me God.
- See you guys on Monday! Have a nice weekend, so long!
|so much for
||de modo que
|so quiet you can hear a pin drop
||hay tanto silencio que se puede oír el vuelo de una mosca
|so small you could barely swing a cat
||(el lugar es) tan pequeño que no cabe ni un alfiler
|so to speak
||por así decirlo
- All right, so much for this subject. Let's start with a new one.
- I'll let the door open so that you can get in.
- In the countryside, it is so quiet you can hear a pin drop at night.
- How do the four of you live here? The place is so small you could barely swing a cat!
- Tom wasn't exactly drunk, he was a bit tipsy, so to speak.
- Yes, you failed your driving test again, so what?