Expresiones con verbos claves - Verbo "to stand"
Idioms with key verbs - Verb "to stand"
|to stand a chance of
||tener probabilidades de
|to stand in good stead
|to stand on ceremony
||ser muy ceremonioso
|to stand pat
||mantenerse en sus trece
|to stand to reason
|to stand up and be counted
||dar la cara por sus principios
- The Dodgers don't stand a chance of winning the world series!
- Having been in the Red Cross stood her in good stead for her job at the hospital.
- Peter is so boring! He stands on ceremony all the time!
- You should stand pat, you'll see your mother will understand and give in in the end.
- It stands to reason that the man wears those clothes because they make him feel young.
- Think for yourself, stand up and be counted. It's the best thing you can do.