Expresiones con verbos clave - Verbo "to throw"
Idioms with key verbs - Verb "to throw"
|to throw in a curve
|to throw a fit
||darle a alguien un ataque
|to throw caution to the wind
|to throw down the gauntlet
||arrojar el guante
- The teacher threw in a curve with a surprise Maths test.
- My dad threw a fit when he saw the piercing on my eyebrow.
- Why don't you throw caution to the wind and bet all your chips on 13?
- Mike threw down the gauntlet to Tom and said he'd beat him at anything.
|to throw in the towel
||tirar la toalla
|to throw money at something
||malgastar dinero en algo
|to throw someone for a loop
||dejar a alguien pasmado
|to throw someone to the wolves
||arrojar a alguien a los lobos
- We had no chance of winning the contest so we threw in the towel.
- If we don't invest on education as well as on security, we're throwing money at the problem.
- Eddie's girlfriend threw him for a loop when she told him she was pregnant.
- Many girls are being thrown to the wolves when they are made to marry old men.