Expresiones con palabras claves - Palabra "to"
Idioms with key words - Word "to"
|to a certain degree
||hasta cierto punto
|to a fault
||demasiado, en extremo
|to a T
||como anillo al dedo
|to all intents and purposes
|to and fro
||de un lado a otro
- His story is only credible to a certain degree.
- I think you're being naive to a fault.
- This job is perfect for Al, it suits him to a T.
- The clubs and discos in the city had, to all intents and purposes, closed.
- Jackie's so busy she keeps running to and fro all day long.
- This is the number of car accidents we've had this year in the country to date.
|to each his own
||a cada cual lo suyo
|to hell with this!
||¡al diablo con esto!
|to little purpose/no avail
||inútilmente, en vano
|to my mind
||en mi opinión
|to one's face
||a la cara
|to one's heart's content
||hasta quedar satisfecho
- Do you have the price list to hand? I need to check something.
- I'm sick of all this situation! To hell with it!
- The doctors tried everything to save her but it was all to no avail.
- To my mind, you should talk to Bob and sort things out.
- Fred told me to my face that he hadn't done it.
- You can eat chocolate to your heart's content but don't complain later.
||a la perfección
|to the best of my knowledge
||que yo sepa
|to the contrary
|to the hilt
||totalmente, hasta el cuello
|to the last
||hasta el final
|to the letter
||al pie de la letra
- I needed to pay some bills and to that effect I asked for a loan.
- To the best of my knowledge, Tina was still in Canada.
- My client is innocent. Is there any avidence to the contrary?
- I'm up to the hilt with debt. I don't know what to do!
- I'm your wife and I'll stay with you to the last.
- Make sure you follow the instructions to the letter.
|to the nines
||de punta en blanco
|to the nth degree
||a la enésima potencia
|to the point
||venir al caso
|to the tune
||por valor de
- Bill was dressed up to the nines because he was going to the opera.
- My dad is like a general elevated to the nth degree. He's so strict!
- Your comment was not to the point. We were talking about something else.
- We bought this house to the tune of 50,000 dollars.