Expresiones con verbos claves - Verbo "to turn"
Idioms with key verbs - Verb "to turn"
|to turn a blind eye
||hacer la vista gorda
|to turn a deaf ear
||hacer oídos sordos
|to not turn a hair
||no movérsele a alguien un pelo
|to turn in one's grave
||revolcarse en la tumba
|to turn on the waterworks
||echarse a llorar como una magdalena
|to turn one's back on
||dar la espalda
|to turn over a new leaf
||hacer borrón y vuenta nueva
- Dan's parents turn a blind eye on his drug problem and it only makes it worse.
- The workers demand better working conditions but the management turns a deaf ear.
- I told my father I was leaving home at 15 but he didn't turn a hair.
- Shakespeare would turn in his grave if he saw her performance of Lady Macbeth!
- Every time I wanted something I turned on the waterworks and my dad gave it to me.
- My so-called best friend turned her back on me when I needed her most.
- Joe has decided to turn over a new leaf and checked into rehab.