Foro

Global forum

english lab en Guadalajara, Jalisco

Use this forum if you want to talk in English with people of other native languages

english lab en Guadalajara, Jalisco

Notapor buitronz » Vie Ago 08, 2008 4:19 pm

I would like that there was a place, like a park or coffee shop, that served as a lab for any people with the interest of practicing english, in my city Guadalajara, Jalisco, without the need to spend money. I guess there most be many people in the same situation. So, if we can start from here, count on me.... see you.
buitronz

Re: english lab en Guadalajara, Jalisco

Notapor civilfran » Sab Nov 22, 2008 10:52 pm

Heloo, i agree whit you, i think the major problem of the people who is learning english is the fact of there is not places in which people can gather and practice speech, so i think this is a good idea men, count me in. i hope more people get join us.
let s get to learn english ok!!
civilfran

english lab en Guadalajara Jalisco

Notapor bukdub » Mié Jul 15, 2009 5:57 pm

Que mensaje interesante
bukdub

Notapor jalapedos » Jue Jul 16, 2009 3:49 am

Count on me too.. it is very important to learn to speak English very well. See you...
jalapedos

Notapor fandres1 » Dom Jul 19, 2009 6:42 am

but, where is the place ?
fandres1

english lab en Guadalajara Jalisco

Notapor tripstory » Lun Jul 20, 2009 12:52 am

usually, at the end of letters or formal e-mails in English, we see, before the signature, the expression "yours", usually followed by an adverb like "truly" or "sincerely" etc. yours truly, yours sincerely.
we would like to know: what does it mean? why can the word "yours" be used like that?

thank you in advance,
tripstory

Re: english lab en Guadalajara Jalisco

Notapor EugeS » Mar Jul 21, 2009 6:03 pm

tripstory escribió:usually, at the end of letters or formal e-mails in English, we see, before the signature, the expression "yours", usually followed by an adverb like "truly" or "sincerely" etc. yours truly, yours sincerely.
we would like to know: what does it mean? why can the word "yours" be used like that?

thank you in advance,

Hello! Actually, "yours" is more commonly used at personal letters. For formal letters, the polite way to say goodbye would be "Regards" or "Best regards".

Bye
EugeS
Sherton English
www.shertonenglish.com
EugeS
Sherton Team

Re: english lab en Guadalajara Jalisco

Notapor amigosdejames » Vie Jul 24, 2009 12:06 am

tripstory escribió:usually, at the end of letters or formal e-mails in English, we see, before the signature, the expression "yours", usually followed by an adverb like "truly" or "sincerely" etc. yours truly, yours sincerely.

thank you in advance,

Good question, In English we use 'yours truly' , 'yours sincerely' at the end of a letter that we feel we need to start with 'Dear Name' example: 'Dear Mr. Jones' or Dear Sir/Madam'. This us a more formal address with someone we don't know well or at all. To answer your question, it's really just an expression that is a shortened form from old English 'I remain faithfully yours' or 'I am respectfully yours'.

In informal letters, we use 'kind regards', 'all the best' or 'best wishes', however, I would never use these with a close friend or family member. With those that are close to us or in a very informal setting, we would simply say ' 'See you soon, love Kate' or 'with love, John' (not used between straight men except family members ) or 'cheers, Tom'.

I hope this helps.
"cheers", Fred :)
amigosdejames

Notapor youngmiki13 » Mar Jul 28, 2009 3:38 am

That is a very nice idea. I guess it can also be held in parks. So that you do not have to pay for much. We just need to bring food and find a place to sit and chat. This way we can practice our English while getting to know each other...
youngmiki13

Notapor amigosdejames » Lun Oct 05, 2009 2:13 am

buitronz escribió:I would like that there was a place, like a park or coffee shop, that served as a lab for any people with the interest of practicing english, in my city Guadalajara, Jalisco, without the need to spend money. I guess there most be many people in the same situation. So, if we can start from here, count on me.... see you.

I'm giving English conversation workshops in GDL for people to practice their listening and speaking skills. The 2 hour workshops are well planned and guided to provide you the most benefit. You will hear and use commonly used expressions with a focus on sentence intonation and accent reduction.

Time: Thursdays, 6-8pm (other days upon request)
Cost: $100 per person
Place: San Pedro Tlaquepaque

If you are interested in expanding your knowledge of the English language, please reply to me at fred@ingles123.com.mx for more details.
amigosdejames

Todos los horarios son UTC
Volver a Global forum