©1999-2021 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Letra L
Idioms - Letter L
|last but not least||por último, pero no por eso menos importante|
|left, right and center||a diestra y siniestra|
|life is too short||la vida es demasiado corta|
|like a bat out of hell||como alma que lleva el diablo|
|like a fish out of the water||como pez fuera del agua|
|like a lamb to the slaughter||como borrego al matedero|
- I brought crackers, cheese, butter, and, last but not least, strawberry jam.
- Lou went nuts and started insulting everybody, left, right and center.
- Come on! Let's go out! Life's too short to always stay home watching T.V.!
- What happened to Tom? I saw him run off like a bat out of hell a few minutes ago.
- I never fitted in at school. I used to feel like a fish out of the water.
- It was clear that Ann didn't want to marry that man. She went into the church like a lamb to the slaughter.
|like greased lightning||como un relámpago|
|like robbing Peter to pay Paul||como desnudar un santo para vestir otro|
|like looking for a needle in a haystack||como buscar una aguja en un pajar|
|like ships that pass in the night||como extraños|
|like shooting fish in a barrel||pan comido|
|like water off a duck's back||como si oyera llover|
- Pete realized he had forgotten to fetch the kids from school and he went out like greased lightning.
- Don't you think that asking for a loan to pay off your debts is a bit like robbing Peter to pay Paul?
- How are we going to find Jo in this crowd? It's like looking for a needle in a haystack!
- Luke saw Kim once but yesterday they were like ships that pass in the night.
- The others look tired. Winning this race will be like shooting fish in a barrel.
- I've learned to ignore her tantrums. Now it's like water off a duck's back.
|little white lie||mentira piadosa|
|long time no see||tanto tiempo sin verte|
|loud and clear||perfectamente claro|
- I told my mom I was staying at Jen's tonight, just a little white lie...
- Hey, Mark! How are you doing? Long time no see!
- Yes, dad, I heard what you said. I heard you loud and clear.