©1999-2018 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Letra N
Idioms - Letter N
|neck and neck||cabeza a cabeza|
|needless to say||huelga decir|
|neither fish nor fowl||ni chicha ni limonada|
|neither here nor there||poco importante|
|nerves of steel||nervios de acero|
|never darken my door again!||¡nunca vuelvas a poner un pie en esta casa!|
- It's still uncertain who'll win the election, the two main candidates are neck and neck.
- Bob was fired last week! Needless to say, he's really depressed.
- Some say the new tax policy will ruin the country, but I think it's neither fish nor fowl.
- Don't listen to the critics! Whatever they might say is neither here nor there!
- I could never be a surgeon. One must have nerves of steel to be one!
- Go on! Get out of here and never darken my door again!
|never-never land||una utopía|
|new blood||sangre nueva|
|no rhyme or reason||sin ton ni son|
|nobody's fool||ningún tonto|
|none of your business!||¿qué te importa?|
|not right in the head||mal de la cabeza|
- A safe, peaceful place with no corruption? Sounds like a never-never land to me!
- The company will benefit if we start hiring new blood. We need new and exciting ideas.
- I've tried to figure out why he reacted like that but there was no rhyme or reason.
- Frank realized we were up to something. He's nobody's fool.
- I'm not going to tell you where I'm going. It's none of your business!
- Mick's not right in the head. He's got problems with everyone he knows.
|nothing new under the sun||nada nuevo bajo el sol|
|nothing to write home about||nada del otro mundo|
|now you're talking!||¡ahora sí me gusta!|
- Everything's quite the same around here, nothing new under the sun.
- Our trip to the country was ok, but nothing to write home about.
- We're going to Rio to see the carnival?! Now you're talking!