©1999-2018 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Letra P
Idioms - Letter P
|packed like sardines||como sardinas en lata|
|partners in crime||cómplices|
|penny wise and pound foolish/dollar dumb||gastar a manos llenas y hacer economía en nimiedades|
|perish the thought||Dios no lo permita|
|pie in the sky||pura fantasía|
- There were six people travelling in a tiny little car. They were packed like sardines.
- Jill and I grew up together, we've always been partners in crime.
- Sam's penny-wise and dollar-dumb. He bought a cheap computer and it crashed a day later.
- If we ever broke up, perish the thought, I'd like us to remain friends, wouldn't you?
- Gary lives with his family in a picture-perfect neighborhood, with picket fences and gardens.
- He says he's going to move to France and start his own vineyard, but it's just pie in the sky.
|poetic justice||justicia divina|
|poetic license||licencia poética|
|poles apart||polos opuestos|
|politically correct||políticamente correcto|
|Prince Charming||Príncipe azul|
- Dan left his wife for a younger woman but she left him and took half of his money. That's poetic justice!
- A translator can use a little poetic license sometimes for the translated text to make sense.
- Will and Tim are identical twins but when it comes to personality, they're poles apart.
- You can say 'postman' but nowadays the term 'mail carrier' is more politically correct.
- My sister has always been like a prima donna, moody and whimsical.
- Many women spend their lives waiting for Prince Charming and end up old maids.