©1999-2019 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Letra T
Idioms - Letter T
|TGIF (Thank Goodness it's Friday)||gracias a Dios es viernes|
|thank your lucky stars||dar gracias a Dios|
|that makes two of us||ya somos dos|
|the apple of your eye||la luz de sus ojos|
|the best of both worlds||lo mejor de ambos mundos|
|the blind leading the blind||la conducción ciega del ciego|
- Oh my God! I'm so tired! TGIF!
- You've got everything you want, you should thank your lucky stars for that!
- You can't stand Kelly? Well, that makes two of us!
- It's wonderful to have my niece here! She's the apple of my eye.
- There are beaches and mountains here. We've got the best of both worlds.
- A 20-year-old manager! It's the blind leading the blind!
|the buck stops here||yo soy el responsable|
|the calm before the storm||la calma que precede a la tormenta|
|the cat's got your tongue||te comieron la lengua los ratones|
|the end of the line||el final|
|the gift of the gab||mucha labia|
|the joke's on you||te salió el tiro por la culata|
- All right, people, the buck stops here. I broke the computer. It was my fault.
- That long silence was just the calm before the storm. After that my mom started screaming and shouting.
- What's the matter? The cat's got your tongue? Gon on, speak!
- Jones scored the fifth goal anda that was the end of the line for the other team.
- Lou sure has the gift of the gab. Two words with the receptionist and the table is ours!
- You told Mike Jo would leave him but he didn't believe you and now the joke's on you.
|the last straw||la gota que derramó el vaso|
|the laughing stock||el hazmerreír|
|the life of the party||el alma de la fiesta|
|the long and the short of it||en resumidas cuentas|
|the moment of truth||la hora de la verdad|
|the more the merrier||cuantos más sean, mejor|
- First they refused to give us a raise, then they fired some of us, that was the last straw!
- I can't go to tha party after what happened. I'd be the laughing stock of the evening!
- You should've seen Al last night! Dancing, telling jokes... He was the life of the party.
- Greg met another woman and he left me. That's the long and the short of it.
- When we launch the product into the market we'll see if it succeeds. It'll be the moment of truth.
- Sure, bring your friends to the party! The more, the merrier!
|the one that got away||el que se escapó|
|the real McCoy||lo realmente genuino|
|the salt of the earth||un pan de Dios|
|the whole caboodle||absolutamente todo|
|to all intents and purposes||a todos los efectos|
|to and fro||de un lado a otro|
- Sue loved Paul but he never liked her. He was the one that got away.
- This is a real leather, look. It's genuine, the real McCoy.
- Kim is such a great girl. She helps the aged, the poor. She's the salt of the earth!
- Tell me everything about your trip to Europe! Who you saw, where you'v been, the whole caboodle!
- The clubs in the city were, to all intents and purposes, closed until further notice.
- I've been running to and fro all morning. I went to the bank, then to the supermarket...