©1999-2021 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Letra W
Idioms - Letter W
|wake up and smell the coffee!||¡date cuenta de una vez!|
|water under the bridge||historia antigua|
|wear and tear||desgaste|
|what's your poison?||¿qué vas a tomar?|
|word for word||textualmente|
|worlds apart||polos opuestos|
- Oh, come on, Fred! Wake up and smell the coffee! They won't give you the job!
- No, Liz and I are no longer together, it's all water under the bridge. We're friends.
- We bought a new set of chairs, the other was too damaged by wear and tear.
- Hey, Jane! What can I get you to drink? What's your poison?
- I can dream about going on a cruise with a handsome man, but it's just wishful thingking.
- Tell me everything Bill told you when you saw him, word for word.
- My husband and I are worlds apart but we're crazy about each other.