©1999-2018 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Palabra clave 'Down'
Idioms - Key word 'Down'
|down and out||en la miseria|
|down in the dumps||deprimido/a|
|down on one's luck||de mala racha|
|down the hatch!||¡salud!|
|down to earth||centrado, con los pies en la Tierra|
|down to the wire||hasta el último momento|
- There were times in my life when I had absolutely nothing, I was down and out.
- Hank's lost his job, that's why he's been down in the dumps lately.
- Andy's house burned down and she has no insurance. She really is down on her luck.
- Here's a toast to you, Frank! Down the hatch!
- I like Ben, he's a nice, sensible, down to earth guy.
- Both teams are playing very well, the game can be won by either of them, it'll go down to the wire.