©1999-2019 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Palabra clave 'Over'
Idioms - Key word 'Over'
|over a barrel||en un puño|
|over again||otra vez|
|over and above||además|
|over and done with||terminado, acabado|
|over my dead body||sobre mi cadaver|
- I have John over a barrel. He'll do anything I tell him to.
- I was counting my money and I got lost so I had to start over again.
- We need new investors over and above new ideas.
- When will this situation be over and done with?
- You think you'll get the house and the car? Well, over my dead body!
|over the counter||sin receta médica|
|over the hill||demasiado viejo|
|over the hump||haber pasado lo más difícil|
|over the top||exagerado|
- Sir, you need your doctor's prescription for this medicine. It's not sold over the counter.
- My mom says she's over the hill but she's only forty-two.
- We're over the hump, the house is almost ready. We're moving in next week.
- Don't you think Fay's dress is a bit over the top for a birthday party?