©1999-2022 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Palabra clave 'So'
Idioms - Key word 'So'
|so and so||fulano de tal|
|so be it||que así sea|
|so far||hasta ahora|
|so far, so good||hasta ahora todo va bien|
|so help me (God)||que Dios me ayude|
|so long!||¡hasta la vista!|
- Who cares if Ann is going out with so and so? It's her life.
- If Daniel wants to go to trial, so be it! I'm not afraid.
- I can only help you so far, I'm not an expert.
- We can't complain about the business. So far, so good.
- I promise I will never leave you alone again, so help me God.
- See you guys on Monday! Have a nice weekend, so long!
|so much for||suficiente de|
|so that||de modo que|
|so quiet you can hear a pin drop||hay tanto silencio que se puede oír el vuelo de una mosca|
|so small you could barely swing a cat||(el lugar es) tan pequeño que no cabe ni un alfiler|
|so to speak||por así decirlo|
|so what?||¿y qué?|
- All right, so much for this subject. Let's start with a new one.
- I'll let the door open so that you can get in.
- In the countryside, it is so quiet you can hear a pin drop at night.
- How do the four of you live here? The place is so small you could barely swing a cat!
- Tom wasn't exactly drunk, he was a bit tipsy, so to speak.
- Yes, you failed your driving test again, so what?