©1999-2022 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Palabra clave 'Under'
Idioms - Key word 'Under'
|under a cloud||bajo sospecha|
|under control||bajo control|
|under fire||en la línea de fuego|
|under lock and key||cerrado bajo llave|
|under my care||bajo mi cuidado|
|under no circumstances||bajo ningún concepto|
- The whole government has been under a cloud after the scandal.
- Are you sure you have everything under control? I can help you if you want.
- The city of Baghdad has been under fire for 12 hours.
- Mr. Smith keeps all his money in the bank safely under lock and key.
- The kids will stay under my care while their parents are away.
- Under no circumstances should the patient leave the hospital.
|under my nose||delante de mis narices|
|under oath||bajo juramento|
|under one's breath||entre dientes|
|under one's feet||siempre pegado a alguien|
|under one's own steam||por sus propios medios|
|under pressure||bajo presión|
- How could I be so blind? This has been going on under my nose all the time!
- You must tell the truth to the jury, Miss Lee, remember you are under oath.
- Mark said something under his breath and I couldn't understand him.
- I can't do my work if you're all the time under my feet! Go away!
- Lou came home under his own steam. Nobody brought him.
- Pete's under a lot of pressure right now, that's why he's so nervous.
|under someone's thumb||dominado|
|under the aegis of||bajo los auspicios de|
|under the circumstances||dadas las circunstancias|
|under the counter/table||subrepticiamente|
|under the gun||muy apremiado|
|under the hammer||ir a subasta|
- I'm sick of being under my mom's thumb. I'm a grown woman, I have my own life!
- Most artists of the Renaissance worked under the aegis of a patron.
- We usually don't do this but, under the circumstances, we can make an exception.
- I quit my job because there were lots of things going on under the counter.
- I'm sorry, I've got a lot of work to do and I'm under the gun with it.
- A series of items belonging to John Lennon went under the hammer yesterday.
|under the impression||tener la impresión de que|
|under the influence||bajos los efectos del alcohol|
|under the knife||en la mesa de operaciones|
|under the weather||indispuesto|
|under wraps||en secreto|
- Moe seemed to be under the impression that we were going with him.
- Lots of celebrities get arrested for driving under the influence.
- My sister has gallstones and she has to go under the knife.
- Helen had to go home because she was feeling a bit under the weather.
- The whole thing was a secret and they kept it all under wraps.