©1999-2018 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Palabra clave 'Up'
Idioms - Key word 'Up'
|up a gum tree/shit creek/the creek||en un aprieto|
|up and about/around||en buena forma|
|up and coming||prometedor|
|up for grabs||libre|
|up front||por adelantado|
|up in arms||poner el grito en el cielo|
- Tom's report was full of mistakes and the boss is mad, he's up a gum tree.
- With a bit of rest this flu will be gone and I'll be up and about again.
- This is one of our up-and-coming artists, he's just signed a record deal.
- We've got five 100-dollar vouchers up for grabs, so call us now!
- Frank paid five hundred dollars up front and the rest in monthly installments.
- The whole neighborhood was up in arms when the old library was going to be demolished.
|up in smoke||esfumarse, desvanecerse|
|up in the air||en el aire|
|up in years||entrado en años|
|up to a point||hasta cierto punto|
|up to date||actualizado, al corriente|
|up to no good||en nada bueno|
- Our whole plans for an outdoor weekend went up in smoke because of the rain.
- Kate's plan to redecorate the house is still up in the air.
- Arthur's father is up in years but he's still a handsome man.
- Andrea is right but only up to a point.
- I like reading the newspaper on the internet because it's always up to date.
- We were always up to no good when we were kids.
|up to one's ears||hasta la coronilla|
|up to one's old tricks||volver a hacer de las suyas|
|up to par/scratch/snuff||llegar a la media|
|up to something||tramando algo|
|up to speed||al tanto|
|up your alley/street||ideal para ti|
- The kids are up to their ears with school; homework, tests, etc.
- Dan's out of jail but he's up to his old tricks again.
- Paul's latest novel wasn't up to par.
- Lilly's been acting very strange, I think she's up to something.
- John kept me up to speed while I was away from the office.
- Mick wants to find a course of studies that's right up his alley