©1999-2019 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Palabra clave 'When'
Idioms - Key word 'When'
|when all is said and done||a fin de cuentas|
|when it comes to||cuando se trata de|
|when it rains, it pours||sobre llovido, mojado|
|when least expected||cuando uno menos lo espera|
|when one's back is turned||a espaldas de uno|
- Ann's a very good mother, when all's said and done, that's what matters.
- I can't stand Rob! I'll go out with him when hell freezes over!
- Peter is very careful when it comes to his work.
- It's true that love comes to you when least expected.
- Sue tells you that she likes you but, when your back's turned, she'll run you down.
|when my ship comes in/home||cuando me saque la lotería|
|when/if the push comes to the shove||en caso de apuro|
|when the chips are down||a la hora de la verdad|
|when the dust has settled||cuando haya pasado la tormenta|
- Yeah, I'll buy a Ferrari when my ship comes home.
- You can call Mr. Ferguson only when the push comes to the shove.
- They're here now but when the chips are down, none of them is my real friend.
- You should go, they're very upset, I'll call you when the dust has settled.