©1999-2018 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Verbo 'To bite'
Idioms - Verb 'To bite'
|to bite more than you can chew||Tratar de abarcar más de lo que se puede|
|to bite one's tongue||Morderse la lengua|
|to bite someone's head off||Echarle una bronca a alguien|
|to bite the bullet||Hacer de tripas corazón|
|to bite the dust||Pasar a mejor vida|
- Gil's biting off more than he can chew. He wants to run a business, a school and give lessons.
- Every time I want to talk to him and tell him the truth I have to bite my tongue.
- Eric bit my head off because I missed a penalty shot at the game.
- We'll have to bite the bullet and cut down on some things if we want to pay the bills.
- Many people think Communism has bitten the dust. What do you think?