©1999-2019 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Verbo 'To carry'
Idioms - Verb 'To carry'
|to carry a torch for||estar enamorado de alguien|
|to carry coals to Newcastle||echar agua en el mar|
|to carry the ball||llevar la batuta|
|to carry the day||salir victorioso|
|to carry weight||tener mucho peso|
- Bob has carried a torch for Susan since high school.
- Those fancy private schools don't need that money. You're carrying coals to Newcastle.
- As captain of the team, it's your job to carry the ball on the field.
- With five votes for and two against, my proposal carried the day.
- What you do carries a lot of weight in the kids' behavior.