©1999-2021 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Verbo 'To cut'
Idioms - Verb 'To cut'
|to cut a deal||hacer un trato|
|to cut a fine figure||causar una buena impresión|
|to cut a long story short||hacerla corta|
|to cut a swath||abrirse paso|
|to cut and paste||cortar y pegar|
|to cut and run||salir corriendo|
- I think I cut a good deal for the Mercedes.
- If you want to cut a fine figure at the interview, dress appropriately.
- To cut a long story short, Meg found Dan at a hospital.
- The fire cut swath through the woods and destroyed everything in its way.
- Just select the text and then cut and paste. It's easy.
- When I saw my ex coming toward me I just wanted to cut and run.
|to cut both ways||ser un arma de doble filo|
|to cut capers||hacer cabriolas|
|to cut class/school||hacerse la rata, faltar a clase|
|to cut corners||ahorrar esfuerzos|
|to cut it fine||dejar algo para último momento|
|to cut no ice with someone||no tener importancia para alguien|
- We need a cat to get rid of the rats but my mom hates cats. It cuts both ways!
- The kids were cutting capers to get our attention.
- Billy's been cutting school and going to the park with his friends.
- Giving your kid whatever he wants to shut him up is just cutting corners!
- I'm always late for everything because I cut everything fine!
- After that strong argument they had, Phil cuts no ice with Stacey.
|to cut off one's nose to spite one's face||tirar piedras contra el propio tejado|
|to cut one's losses||cortar por lo sano|
|to cut one's teeth on something||adquirir experiencia en algo|
|to cut someone dead||negarle el saludo a alguien|
|to cut someone some slack||no ser tan severo con alguien|
|to cut someone to the quick||herir en lo más profundo|
- You can't just quit because the boss shouted at you! You'll be cutting off your nose to spite your own face.
- We were very unhappy together so we decided to cut our losses and get separated.
- When I graduated as a lawyer, I cut my teeth on a small law firm in San Francisco.
- Is Kim mad at me? I saw her the other day and said 'hi' but she cut me dead!
- Cut the poor boy some slack! He only got a C on the test, it's not that bad!
- Carrie really cut me to the quick when she told me I was a lousy mother.
|to cut the ground from under someone's feet||serrucharle el piso a alguien|
|to cut the mustard||estar a la altura de las circunstancias|
|to cut to the chase||ir al grano|
- The new accountant cut the ground from under my feet and now he's got my job!
- I auditioned for a role in the school play but I didn't cut the mustard.
- When we were all there we cut to the chase and started talking about the problem.