©1999-2022 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Verbo 'To drop'
Idioms - Verb 'To drop'
|to drop a bombshell||tirar una bomba|
|to drop a brick/clanger/the ball||meter la pata|
|to drop a line||escribir unas líneas|
|to drop dead||morirse|
|to drop into one's lap||caer del cielo|
- Tim and Angela are getting married! They dropped the bombshell yesterday at dinner.
- I dropped a brick, didn't I? I knew I should've kept my mouth shut!
- I got an e-mail from Emma, she dropped me a line last Monday.
- Joe came to ask me to forgive him for cheating on me but I told him to drop dead.
- I won a trip to Paris! Can you believe it? It just dropped into my lap!
|to drop like flies||caer como moscas|
|to drop one's guard||bajar la guardia|
|to drop out of sight||perderse de vista|
|to drop someone like a hot potato||no querer saber nada más de alguien|
- The kids dropped like flies after a long day in the park.
- As soon as his opponent dropped his guard Frank knocked him out and won the fight.
- The cat was here but then she darted off and dropped out of sight.
- When her drug problem came out, the people at the agency dropped her like a hot potato.