©1999-2018 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Verbo 'To eat'
Idioms - Verb 'To eat'
|to eat crow||tener que reconocer un error|
|to eat like a bird||comer como un pajarito|
|to eat like a pig||comer como un cerdo, como lima nueva|
|to eat one's heart out||morirse de envidia|
- Amy had to eat crow after I defeated her at chess, she'd said I'd never do it.
- My dad's worried about my little sister, he says she eats like a bird.
- I should get some exercise, I've been eating like a pig lately.
- Liz was eating her heart out when she saw Susan dancing with Paul!
|to eat one's words||tragarse las palabras|
|to eat someone alive/for breakfast||comerse a alguien crudo|
|to eat someone out of house and home||dejarle la despensa vacía a alguien|
|to eat one's fill||comer bien|
- Astrologers often have to eat their words when their predictions fail
- That teacher eats you alive if you don't do your homework.
- I have to go to the supermarket again. My nephew is eating me out of house and home!
- Labradors and Golden Retrievers eat their fill. They'll eat anything you give them!