©1999-2019 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Verbo 'To fall'
Idioms - Verb 'To fall'
|to fall all over oneself||desvivirse|
|to fall apart (at the seams)||venirse abajo|
|to fall asleep||quedarse dormido|
|to fall between two stools||nadar entre dos aguas|
|to fall by the wayside||quedarse en el camino|
|to fall flat||no tener gracia|
- I fall all over myself to please my parents but they're never satisfied!
- Ann had a really tough week and yesterday she fell apart.
- The movie was so boring that I fell asleep as soon as it started.
- Mary fell between two stools and didn't know wether to choose the red or the black skirt.
- Thousands of people audition for reality shows but most of them fall by the wayside.
- Ken's jokes always fall flat because nobody gets them.
|to fall for someone hook, line and sinker||enamorarse locamente|
|to fall for something||creerse algo, caer en la trampa|
|to fall from grace||caer en desgracia|
|to fall (head over heels) in love||enamorarse locamente|
|to fall ill||caer enfermo|
|to fall in/to line||actuar conforme a las reglas|
- Ian fell for Heather hook, line and sinker the moment he met her.
- I'm not going to fall for that again! It's all a lie!
- Nick really fell from grace when he dropped out of school.
- My parents fell head over heels in love with each other and have remained so through the years.
- It's raining quite heavily, take an unbrella or else you'll fall ill.
- If Mr. Smith's actions fall into line there's nothing we can do against him.
|to fall into place||encajar|
|to fall into a trap||caer en una trampa|
|to fall into one's lap||caer del cielo|
|to fall on deaf ears||caer en oídos sordos|
|to fall on one's feet||caer de pie|
|To fall to pieces||caerse a pedazos|
- At first I didn't know what was going on but then everything fell into place.
- The offer sounded so good that we fell into the trap but it was all a scam.
- You have to work to earn your money! Or do you expect it to just fall into your lap?
- Scientists keep warning people about the sun's UV-rays but their warnings seem to fall on deaf ears.
- Paul tried to blame me for the missing money but I managed to fall on my feet.
- Every time the other team attacked our whole defense fell to pieces! That's why we lost!