©1999-2019 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Verbo 'To hang'
Idioms - Verb 'To hang'
|to hang fire||suspender las operaciones|
|to hang a left/right||doblar a la izquierda/derecha|
|to hang by a thread/in the balance||pender de un hilo|
|to hang loose||quedarse tranquilo|
- When you get to the corner of Washington Road and Maple Street, hang a left.
- My job as an accountant at the company is hanging by a thread!
- The Chinese course hung fire because not enough people signed up for it.
- Don't worry, I'll take care of your dog. You go to Hawaii and hang loose.
|to hang on every/someone's word||estar pendiente de la palabra de alguien|
|to hang on like grim death||no soltar la presa|
|to hang tough on something||mantenerse firme en algo|
|to hang up one's hat||colgar los botines, retirarse|
- Every time my grandfather tells one of his stories, we all hang on his every word.
- The thief had already gone away but I was still hanging on to my mom's arm like grim death.
- If you both hang tough on your attitude, you'll never get to an agreement.
- After almost fifty years working as a surgeon, doctor Reynolds decided to hang up his hat.