©1999-2019 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Verbo 'To jump'
Idioms - Verb 'To jump'
|to jump a queue||colarse|
|to jump down someone's throat||arremeter contra alguien|
|to jump out of one's skin||llevarse un susto tremendo|
|to jump ship||desertar|
|to jump the gun||adelantarse a los hechos|
|to jump through hoops||vérselas negras|
|to jump to comclusions||precipitarse a sacar conclusiones|
- I really hate it when people jump the queue. It's rude!
- Kelly jumped down Mel's throat and told him he was a filthy liar.
- It was all quiet and suddenly there was such a bang that I jumped out of my skin.
- Anna was doing a great job at the office, nobody knows why she jumped ship.
- You're jumping the gun! You haven't even asked her out and you're planning the wedding!
- Peter will have to jump through hoops if he wants Tracy to forgive him.
- We're jumping to conclusions. Just because he's a ballet dancer doesn't mean he's gay!