©1999-2021 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Verbo 'To let'
Idioms - Verb 'To let'
|to let go of||soltar|
|to let it all hang out/one's hair down||soltarse la melena, relajarse|
|to let it be||dejar en paz|
|to let it drop that||decir algo como si nada|
|to let nature take its course||dejar que la naturaleza siga su curso|
|to let off steam||desahogarse|
- Don't worry, I'll catch you, let go of the rail.
- When I get home from work, I put some music on and let it all hang out.
- Just tell the boy never to do it again and let it be.
- Andy suddenly let it drop that she was moving to Germany.
- I think we should let nature take its course, there's nothing we can do.
- Sometimes it's good to have a good cry, it helps you let off steam.
|to let oneself go||dejarse llevar|
|to let ride||dejar pasar|
|to let rip at someone||montar en cólera|
|to let sleeping dogs lie||no empeorar las cosas|
|to let the cat out of the bag||levantar la perdiz|
- You can't always think and calculate everything you do! You need to let yourself go!
- This time I decided to let the incident ride but next time you won't be so lucky, understood?
- My mom let rip at me because I failed all my exams.
- The boss is really angry, we should let sleeping dogs lie and not say a word.
- The bike was going to be a surprise for our son but John let the cat out of the bag.