©1999-2021 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Verbo 'To lose'
Idioms - Verb 'To lose'
|to lose count||perder la cuenta|
|to lose face||quedar mal|
|to lose ground||perder terreno|
|to lose heart||desanimarse|
|to lose one's cool||perder la calma|
|to lose one's grip||perder el control|
|to lose one's marbles||perder la cabeza|
- I've lost count of the times I've seen this movie. I love it!
- Ed lost face before his mother-in-law when he yelled at his wife in front of her.
- We can't lose ground on our demand when we're this close to win.
- After failing the test for the third time, Tim started to lose heart.
- Every time her son gets annoying Sarah loses her cool and shouts at him.
- Rob had too much to drink last night and he lost his grip.
- Lou came down to diner dreesed up as a baby. He's lost his marbles!
|to lose one's mind/head||volverse loco|
|to lose one's touch||perder la habilidad|
|to lose one's train of thought||perder el hilo de|
|to lose sight/track of||perder de vista|
|to lose sleep over something||desvelarse por algo|
|to lose touch||perder contacto|
- Will says he talks to Jimi Hendrix everyday. He's losing his mind.
- Hank used to have all the girls at his feet but now he's lost his touch.
- I'm sorry, I lost my train of thought, what was I saying?
- Dina was talking to Jimmy's mom at the park and she lost sight of her son.
- If Ann doesn't want to talk to me it's her problem, I won't lose sleep over her.
- Most people lose touch with their high school classmates after leaving school.