©1999-2018 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Verbo 'To set
Idioms - Verb 'To set'
|to set foot||poner un pie en un lugar|
|to set one's heart on something||estar decidido a hacer algo|
|to set sail||zarpar|
|to set store by something||dar valor a algo|
|to set the pace||marcar el paso|
|to set the scene||crear un ambiente|
|to set the record straight||aclarar las cosas|
- I didn't like that woman from the very first moment she set foot in this house.
- Emily has set her heart on going to Harvard to study Law.
- The Titanic set sail from Southampton for New York on April 10, 1912.
- My parents have always set great store by studying.
- The US declaration of independence set the pace for the independence of the rest of the continent.
- The constant disagreements and the people's discontent set the scene for war.
- Miss Harris will give a press conference next Tuesday to set the record straight.