©1999-2020 Sherton English - Todos los derechos reservados. - https://www.shertonenglish.com
Expresiones y frases - Verbo 'To turn'
Idioms - Verb 'To turn'
|to turn a blind eye||hacer la vista gorda|
|to turn a deaf ear||hacer oídos sordos|
|to not turn a hair||no movérsele a alguien un pelo|
|to turn in one's grave||revolcarse en la tumba|
|to turn on the waterworks||echarse a llorar como una magdalena|
|to turn one's back on||dar la espalda|
|to turn over a new leaf||hacer borrón y vuenta nueva|
- Dan's parents turn a blind eye on his drug problem and it only makes it worse.
- The workers demand better working conditions but the management turns a deaf ear.
- I told my father I was leaving home at 15 but he didn't turn a hair.
- Shakespeare would turn in his grave if he saw her performance of Lady Macbeth!
- Every time I wanted something I turned on the waterworks and my dad gave it to me.
- My so-called best friend turned her back on me when I needed her most.
- Joe has decided to turn over a new leaf and checked into rehab.